A Monster Mini-Update.
Hello, friends. Monster here and doing well. It’s been awhile since I last checked in because I have been mega-busy. Here are the haps in a nutshell:
- Opened ‘Midsummer.’ Yay! So cute, so funny, so silly, so good. It is still running through next week.
- Opened another show this week – a mega-musical – to mark my last production at my current school. It’s taken a lot of late nights staying up, painting, working, etc. Lots of little pieces needed doing, but? They got done. Huh. Zah. Also, my favorite part are all of the grads and families who have already come back to see the show and give me hug. So beautiful and incredible to be surrounded by so much love.
- In the meantime, I joined the committee hiring my counterpart at my new school.
- Started digging into my new office/area and reorganizing and making it my own … Very, very slowly.
- Welcomed my little sister home for a visit. She arrived last week with her fiance from Australia (whee!), and is in the state until the 28th. With all that’s been going on, I haven’t had a lot of time to see her, but am looking forward to one or two days devoted to her and the fam.
- And lastly, I decided (two Sundays ago) that it would be a great idea to get our house on the market in the coming month, and then find a house, and move. Crazy? Probably! *smile* So many things to do! A lot of small upgrades that will help with the price point, I hope.
In Soberland, since sharing my year-long sobriety with my friends and family on Facebook, I have had so many kind, amazing connections with people. Even two weeks later, I have people telling me how proud they are, or congratulating me. The Love is palpable. … And it feels a lot freer, too. Not that I was hiding or ashamed of my sobriety, but there is another level of ease because more people know and I don’t have to navigate as many social moments now. Liberating.
Alright, off for more house porn ….. It is so addicting! (But not in a I-need-help kind of way. I swear. *smile*)
Day 410, I’ve missed all you cool-cats.*